Car rentals in Flagstaff: All you need to know
A Flagstaff car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even find out what the rest of Arizona has to offer. We've answered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Flagstaff. Keep reading to see how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I find a bargain car rental in Flagstaff?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to book budget-friendly rates. Simply type in your travel dates and go through the variety of car rental suppliers, choose the top rental locations, and find the best offers in Flagstaff. You can also:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you will know the true cost before you book
- Don't get more car than you'll need. Typically, the smaller the car, the lower the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have agencies in Flagstaff?
In Flagstaff, there are 5 rental car providers to decide from, like Avis. Read through the online reviews to get an idea of which is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Flagstaff?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Flagstaff. If you're having difficulty deciding, be sure to go over the chart below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Flagstaff?
Typically, to rent a car in Flagstaff you must be at least 21. However, there might be an added fee if you're under 25 or for larger or higher category cars in particular. Go over the terms to discover what any additional fees is before you rent your vehicle.
Does Flagstaff require rental car insurance?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy additional insurance through rental car supplier for your trip, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip. Otherwise, as a U.S. citizen, you can also purchase Collision Damage Coverage with CarRentals.com at checkout. Although many major card issuers, like MasterCard or Visa, offer some coverage, there are usually restrictions. For example, you may not be covered if you book a luxury or larger vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
What is the fuel policy for Flagstaff rental cars?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will need to search for an open gas station near the drop-off location
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually recommend that you choose the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Flagstaff?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
What are some things to do in Flagstaff?
There is tons to see and do in this city. Flagstaff has around 11 attractions that it is known for. Some of the most popular are:
- Historic Downtown and Railroad District
- Riordan Mansion State Historic Park
- Museum of Northern Arizona
- Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument
Luckily, you can drive to the one you want or see them all.
Before you drive off
Before you get going on your Flagstaff vacation, check a few items prior to leaving the lot. You should:
- Walk around the car and determine if there is any damage or scratches. If you notice any, mark it down on the paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Flagstaff rental car today
Know that you can count on a perfect set of wheels that will result in more extra money in the bank when you reserve with CarRentals.com. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your ideal Flagstaff rental car. See you around town.