What are the major attractions in East Lothian?
Adventure is just around the corner at St Mary's Church. It's one attraction you'll find on most visitors' must-do lists. Hailes Castle and the National Museum of Flight are also nearby and worth a detour.
What are the best road trip destinations near East Lothian?
Visit East Lothian for its wonderful style and character. That said, you also have world-renowned sights just a day trip away! Inchkeith is only 16 miles away and the home of Arthur's Seat. It's well worth a day trip.
Where are the best beaches near East Lothian?
Nothing screams vacation like hopping in the car, putting on some tunes and cruising to the seaside. East Lothian has some awesome beaches nearby, so grab something to read (and a kite if the wind's up) and take a road trip to one of these fantastic options:
- Gullane Beach (7 miles away).
- Tyninghame Beach (7 miles away).
- Longniddry Bents (7 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in East Lothian?
Here are our recommendations on how to hit the road with some savings in your wallet:
- A car can take you anyplace you want to go — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top companies in just a few clicks;
- By submitting only your email address (and not your full personal details, life story and dog's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay up to date with all the unbeatable offers for your chosen location;
- Before you pick up your keys and hop behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to make sure you're getting the best deal in town;
- If your dates are not etched in stone, try scoring a lower price by choosing different days in your search;
- Try to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same. If you bring back your rental car later than you picked it up, you might be charged a whole extra day;
- If you're in the mood to keep some extra cash in your pocket, prepay for your rental and bag some of the cheapest rates around;
- It's best to book as soon as your vacation dates are set. The early bird catches the worm!