Where is Door County?
Maybe you're the kind of traveler who organizes every tiny detail of your getaway. Or perhaps you prefer to grab a rental car and let life surprise you. However you like to roll, there are some key facts about Door County that you might want to know. You'll have to book a plane ticket to United States of America to get to this awesome destination.
What are the best road trip destinations in Door County?
Door County is a wonderful place to hit the highways and back streets in your own rental car. Crank up the music and enjoy the flexibility of discovering all the region's gems dotted between each of its best destinations. Try to check off as many of this place's leading destinations as you can:
- Sturgeon Bay (population of 9,100)
- Sister Bay (population of 880)
- Baileys Harbor (population of 260)
- Egg Harbor (population of 200)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Door County?
We've put together a list of our top tips and tricks to help you keep more money in your wallet:
- Use our amazing filter tool to help point you in the direction of the cheapest car deals in town — and then compare the prices;
- Organize an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what fantastic deals will make a detour to your inbox;
- Weigh up the bargains at all rental locations in town, including the airport and its vicinity. A quick cab ride to a close-by car rental facility may result in some impressive savings;
- You can often save a pretty penny if your plans are flexible. Play with different days and dates and see how much you can save;
- Nobody likes being charged a late fee. Avoid the hassle of having to pay for an extra day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Some companies reward you big time for paying upfront — keep an eye out for these kinds of deals;
- The early bird catches the juiciest worm, along with the best deals! Book as soon as possible to score some impressive savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Door County?
Door County really has it all, including some beautiful lakes and forests. And there's hardly a better way to appreciate them than with an awesome ride like a convertible. Roll down the top, feel the wind through your hair, and take in those uninterrupted views. With wheels like these, your schedule will be begging for a few long road trips.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Door County?
There's plenty of choice when it comes to rental cars in Door County. From people-movers with plenty of room to spare to economy rides that are a snap to park, you'll find it all here. Selecting your perfect match of course depends on your budget and what activities you've got planned. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need much more than an engine and four wheels.