What are the major attractions in Colma?
If your trip to Colma is all organized but your itinerary is a little on the empty side, let us give you a helping hand.
If you were to ask a local for sightseeing recommendations, they'd probably point you to San Francisco Zoo and Twin Peaks. These popular attractions are certain to make an impression.
Adventure awaits around every turn here. A few of the top attractions nearby are Hills of Eternity Memorial Park, Pet's Rest Cemetery and Cypress Lawn Memorial Park. Leave enough space on your itinerary to visit them all.
What are the best road trip destinations near Colma?
You're probably curious about what else is near you. Venture a little outside of Colma and you'll stumble on a few landmark attractions. Palo Alto is 25 miles away and home to Stanford University. It's well worth making a day trip out of.
Where are the best beaches near Colma?
Nothing says vacation like jumping in the car, putting on some tunes and cruising to the seaside. Colma has some awesome beaches close by, so bring along a book (and a kite if the wind's up) and take a jaunt to one of these fantastic options:
- Rockaway Beach (6 miles away).
- Pacifica State Beach (6 miles away).
- Ocean Beach (6 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Colma?
If you have some serious business to see to in Colma, there's a good chance you'll be spending a lot of time at a convention center. If that's the case, you might want to hear about the ones that have cafés and restaurants nearby:
- South San Francisco Convention Center (3 miles away).
- SFJAZZ Center (7 miles away).
- Moscone Convention Center (8 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Colma?
Here are our top tips on how to jump behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your pocket:
- Use our nifty filter feature to help point you in the direction of the cheapest car rental rates around — then compare the prices;
- Keep your eyes on your inbox for our popular Price Drop Alert. We'll let you know about all the unbeatable bargains cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Before you get behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're bagging the best deal in town;
- If your vacation dates are not set in stone, try scoring a better price by changing the days of the week in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you might be charged for a full extra day;
- Keep more dollars in your bank account. You'll get some of the cheapest deals when you pay in advance for your vehicle;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your fingers. Book as soon as you can and secure your ideal set of wheels.
What kind of rental car should I get for Colma?
Sure, it's possible to go and explore Colma without wheels. But with so much to see and do, having one is sure to make your trip more memorable. If you're hoping to head out into the great outdoors, choose a vehicle with some extra oomph. A full-size car or an SUV will do the job in style. A smaller car, like a mini or a compact, is a popular choice for those embarking on shorter trips.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Colma?
You'll be happy to hear that there's an impressive variety of luxury rental vehicles in Colma. What you go with depends on how much you want to spend and what you plan to do. Prestige vehicles often spare no expense when it comes to mod cons and comfort. If you want to treat yourself, why not book an elite SUV, or perhaps a flashy mid-sized vehicle? On the other hand, if you just need a set of wheels to get from A to B as cheaply as possible, maybe go for a budget compact vehicle (or something else that won't blow your budget).