What are the major attractions in Carson City?
If your trip to Carson City is all organized but your itinerary is looking a little empty, we can give you a helping hand.
You'll have to wake up early if you're planning to check out all the interesting attractions that this place has to offer. Nevada State Capitol and Nevada State Museum are non-negotiable. Northern Nevada Children's Museum and Nevada Governor's Mansion can't be missed either.
Plan a stop at E.D. Sweeney Building. It's one sight you'll find on most visitors' must-do lists. Rinckel Mansion and Paul Laxalt State Office Building are also a stone's throw away and worth checking out.
What are the best road trip destinations near Carson City?
Top up the gas tank, because there are a few good reasons to get out and go exploring beyond Carson City. They include National Bowling Stadium in Reno — a popular road-trip destination just 25 miles away. After another good reason to make your way there? National Automobile Museum is also within close reach.
Where are the best beaches near Carson City?
If you're in Carson City with the youngsters, a fun day by the sea is a terrific way to keep them entertained. Pack the car with some bats and beach balls, and journey out to one of these gorgeous coastal stretches:
- Zephyr Cove Beach (16 miles away).
- Lakeside Beach (19 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Carson City?
If you're in town to attend a conference, you'll find Carson City Community Center situated 0.6 miles away. When you get a break, make your way to a nearby café to snatch a moment to yourself — networking and socializing can be tiring.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Carson City?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following our recommendations:
- A car can take you anywhere you want to go — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from all the top rental companies in a couple of clicks;
- Arrange an email Price Drop Alert for your next exciting vacation destination. You never know what great bargains will zoom straight into your inbox;
- Check the offers at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport terminal and surrounding area. A brief cab journey to a neighboring rental car facility might mean some generous savings;
- If your dates are not carved in stone, try getting a better deal by changing the days in your search;
- Try to keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you bring back your rental car later than you picked it up, you could be charged a full extra day;
- If you'd love to save a few dollars, pay right away and drive away with some of the best rates around;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your grasp. Book as soon as possible and zoom off with your ideal ride.
What kind of rental car should I get for Carson City?
Carson City is major. You could stay a week or more here and not run out of things to see. To soak up as much as you can in this bustling metropolis, a rental car is a must. Bear in mind that driving in big cities usually goes hand in hand with tight streets and limited parking spots. Don't worry though, because a mini or compact car will make this a lot easier to manage. If you're going to head straight out of the city and explore the rivers that Carson City is famous for, you'll probably prefer a rental car with more room to move. A full-size or mid-size SUV will make that longer drive comfortable.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Carson City?
There's plenty of choice when it comes to rental cars in Carson City. From SUVs with trunk space galore to easy-to-park compacts, you'll find it all here. Choosing your ride depends on your budget and what you intend to do. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need anything more than a bargain, no-frills type model. Which car will you be sliding behind the wheel of this trip?