Where is Bremen?
There's something to be said for floating around like a free spirit. But sometimes you have to know where you're going. Before you start up your rental car and tear down the open road, it's good to know something about Bremen. This amazing destination is located in Germany.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Bremen?
Here are our suggestions on how to jump behind the wheel of a rental car with some savings in your wallet:
- Look into as many different offers as possible (we make that job as easy as pie!);
- By submitting only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all of the best discounts for your selected location;
- Research is the key to scoring the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you splash cash on your ride;
- If your vacation dates are not set in stone, see if you can get a lower price by switching up the days in your search;
- See if you can keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you return your rental car at a later time than you picked it up, you might be required to pay for a whole extra day;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your bank account. You'll grab some of the thriftiest deals when you prepay your rental vehicle;
- It's best to book as soon as your vacation dates are confirmed. You'll get the biggest selection early on.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Bremen?
You'll be glad to hear that there's a broad range of luxury rental vehicles on offer in Bremen. What you end up going with will depend on what you're willing to spend and what you plan to do. Specialty and prestige vehicles offer the best in mod cons and comfort. If you're splurging, why not pick up an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps a fancy mid-size sedan? On the other hand, if you just need something to get you around town as economically as possible, you're better off choosing a budget compact vehicle (or something else that won't break the bank).
What do I need to know about driving in Germany?
There's no better way to explore Bremen than from the comfort and convenience of your own rental car. But before you fasten your seat belt and zoom off, it's worth checking out some of the road rules and regulations. Here are a few tips to help make sure your journey goes smoothly:
What side of the road do they drive on in Bremen?
You'll need to keep right while driving in Bremen. On top of that, take some extra care if it's your first time in the driver's seat here. Once you're familiar with local driving habits, relax and enjoy the scenery!
Are there speed limits in Bremen?
Speed limits generally range from 30 km/h to 130 km/h in Bremen and there are penalties for exceeding the limit. Residential roads usually have a maximum speed of 30 km/h, unless indicated otherwise.
What happens if I get a speeding fine while driving a rental car in Germany?
Normally, one of two things will happen. Your chosen car rental company may bill the fined amount to your credit card. This is the usual practice. Otherwise, it may provide your contact details to local authorities so the fine is issued straight to you.
Are seat belts compulsory in Germany?
Seat belts should always be worn in Germany. Having said that, the rule may differ for certain vehicles, such as those used by public transportation networks.
Is it illegal to use a cell phone while driving in Bremen?
Provided you have hands-free or Bluetooth functions enabled, you are able to use your cell phone while cruising around Bremen. But be sure to keep concentrating on the road.
What are the rules around drink driving in Bremen?
The legal BAC (blood alcohol content) limit while operating a vehicle in Bremen is 0.05%. If a big night is on the cards, leave your wheels behind and organize a different way of getting home instead.
Is turning on a red light allowed in Bremen?
Turning on a red light is illegal in Bremen. Be on the lookout for traffic lights and signs so that you don't breach any traffic laws.