What are the major attractions in Albany?
If your trip to Albany is all organized but your itinerary is looking a bit empty, let us give you a few hints and tips.
If you were to ask a local for sightseeing recommendations, they'd probably point you toward Tilden Regional Park and Greek Theater. These top attractions are certain to impress.
There's nothing quite as exciting as exploring somewhere new. While you're here, Golden Gate Fields and Indian Rock Park should be among them. Another popular attraction to visit is Cesar Chavez Park.
What are the best road trip destinations near Albany?
Visit Albany for its exceptional character and style. That said, you also have amazing sights within easy access. Palo Alto is 34 miles away and the home of Stanford University. Fill up the gas tank, because it's well worth making a day trip out of.
Where are the best beaches near Albany?
Fill up the tank, turn on the engine and get ready to feel the sea breeze on your face. Albany boasts some glorious stretches of coast, such as:
- Baker Beach (12 miles away).
- China Beach (12 miles away).
- Rodeo Beach (12 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Albany?
Constantly on the go for work? Convention centers are most likely familiar places to you. With easy access to hotels and cafés, you can be sure your trip will be a success if you're booked in at any of these places:
- Craneway Pavilion (4 miles away).
- Oakland Convention Center (6 miles away).
- Kaiser Convention Center (7 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Albany?
Here are our suggestions on how to hop behind the wheel of a rental car with extra cash in your wallet:
- Use our nifty filter feature to steer you toward the cheapest car rental rates around — and then compare the prices;
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all of the best bargains for your selected destination;
- Look at the bargains at all rental locations in town, including the airport terminal and its surrounds. A quick cab ride to a close-by car rental facility might mean significant savings;
- If you're not fussed about which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and your schedule is flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best prices;
- So you don't end up paying a late fee or an extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- If you're in the mood to save a pretty penny, pay in advance and score some of the thriftiest rates around;
- The early bird catches the worm, and also the hottest deals! Book now to drive off with some excellent savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for Albany?
Whether you're vacationing solo or with some pals, CarRentals.com will help you find a perfect set of wheels for your adventure in Albany. A compact car is an excellent option if you're planning to spend lots of time downtown. Low-cost and fuel-efficient, these cars will take you here, there and everywhere quickly and easily. If you're eager to make a splash, take a look at our special category. You're sure to find something that'll attract a bit of attention! Got the young ones with you? A spacious SUV will tick your boxes.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Albany?
You're spoiled for choice when it comes to renting a car in Albany. From spacious SUVs with plenty of trunk space to easy-to-park compacts, you'll find it all here. Choosing your ride depends on how much you'd like to spend and what activities you've got planned. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need anything more than four wheels and a gas pedal.